Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reveal Day!!!

Go down 
+2
pinkfrog
QTsmum
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
QTsmum

Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 am

pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I have a few tats! My last one was on Mother's day (my first mother's day as a Mommy!) DH bought it for me and booked my appointment!

It's beautiful artsy flowers with Chinese symbols that mean "the bond between mother and son"

It's gorgeous (on my left upper arm!)
I love it.

OMG that sounds gorgeous Jess...do you by any chance have a pic??? I LOVE looking at tattoo's next to getting them Very Happy

if you go to my profile page on FB and find the tattoo's album you'll see the before and after of my wrist tattoo...

what are you other two of???

I'll go find my pic.

My other two, the first one (on my 18th bday) was a Maple leaf (red) on my hip/bikini line area.
My other one is on the inside of my left ankle. It's my aunt's initials with a halo. She was the only family member I could relate to (I have no relationship with my parents) and she passed away at 32 Sad

aww I'm sorry {{{ HUGS }}}

seems we have more in common than we thought/knew...

Idiot parents too?

long story...but basically when ds was a bit over a yr old I stopped talking with her as her true feelings about me surfaced to dh however when I comforted her she denied it all...there is no unconditional love there so I cut off all ties from her and to me she is dead...to my ds she is a stranger...my dad is still controlled by her and won't pay his gas to come see us and well I haven't seen my dad since my son's 4th birthday aleast 6 months ago nor has he made the effort to call

Awe. That sucks. It's the hardest decision someone should ever have to make. Makes ya feel bad for the kids, but at the same time I think of it like I'd rather him not know them and than to get attached and be hurt by them time and time again (and brainwashed. My niece is proof of THAT!) It's disgusting.
I don't talk to either of my parents, nor my older brother (I only speak to my sister). They're all lunatics.
They met Quinten for about 15 minutes when he was 4 months old, and that was it. Haven't spoken to them since. My parents are really, really bad people. Sad
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm

QTsmum wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
Ohhhh, Lexi! LOVE the colours on your starts and moon tat! Beautiful work.
The fairy is pretty too.

Thank you Very Happy after I got it redone I actually hated the before which I didn't before it got reworked on...it was truly ugly...I was like in total awe just how amazing my artist is..and how she can literally see into my brain and know exactly what I want...I trust her fully

That's SO good. It's so important. I was so unsure of the artist here (there's not much a choice, as you can imagine!) but he did a great job and was so nice.

They actually have a tatoo artist where you live? Laughing You know I'm just kidding right Jess?

No seriously, there was awhile when there wasn't! And the guy just does it from his back room (very clean and 'proper' but not a real shop!)
Stinkin' town! No

I bet his prices are reasonable too since he doesn't have a proper shop, there is no overhead and he probably doesn't declare everything on his income taxes.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I have a few tats! My last one was on Mother's day (my first mother's day as a Mommy!) DH bought it for me and booked my appointment!

It's beautiful artsy flowers with Chinese symbols that mean "the bond between mother and son"

I love it.

OMG that sounds gorgeous Jess...do you by any chance have a pic??? I LOVE looking at tattoo's next to getting them Very Happy

if you go to my profile page on FB and find the tattoo's album you'll see the before and after of my wrist tattoo...

I'll go find my pic.

My other two, the first one (on my 18th bday) was a Maple leaf (red) on my hip/bikini line area.
My other one is on the inside of my left ankle. It's my aunt's initials with a halo. She was the only family member I could relate to (I have no relationship with my parents) and she passed away at 32 Sad

Idiot parents too?

long story...but basically when ds was a bit over a yr old I stopped talking with her as her true feelings about me surfaced to dh however when I comforted her she denied it all...there is no unconditional love there so I cut off all ties from her and to me she is dead...to my ds she is a stranger...my dad is still controlled by her and won't pay his gas to come see us and well I haven't seen my dad since my son's 4th birthday aleast 6 months ago nor has he made the effort to call

That is so sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't understand how somebody could treat their own flesh and blood like that. I mean...she carried you for nine months and gave birth to you. Where are her maternal instincts? I could never imagine not speaking to my sons or vice versa. Your dad too. No contact for six months? What man would allow his wife to prevent him from having a relationship with his own grandson? I'm sorry Lexi...I'm not trying to insult your parents. Just trying to understand them Neutral
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
Now that is simply amazing! Wow!

Thanks!
At first I was kind of like WOW. I mean, it's not a good idea to make that kind of decision when you're still high on post partum hormones, but thank god I love it now! It's just a part of me! Very Happy

See because it represents you and Q, it's ok because you guys will always be mother and son.

I feel sorry for those people who get tatoos of their girlfriend/boyfriend's names and then they break up after Laughing I've seen that happen a few times.

that is bad luck to get your other half's name...its proven time and time again that when a person does that the relationship falls apart

Yes, I think so too. I admit back in my "wilder" days, I thought about it a few times in a few of my stupid moments but thankfully, I never went through with it.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 pm

QTsmum wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
Now that is simply amazing! Wow!

Thanks!
At first I was kind of like WOW. I mean, it's not a good idea to make that kind of decision when you're still high on post partum hormones, but thank god I love it now! It's just a part of me! Very Happy

See because it represents you and Q, it's ok because you guys will always be mother and son.

I feel sorry for those people who get tatoos of their girlfriend/boyfriend's names and then they break up after Laughing I've seen that happen a few times.

True!
DH and I thought about getting ring tats of eachother's names. He was so sure and I was so apprehensive. We never did, but I always felt bad that he was so much more sure than I was!!! Embarassed

See that's ok though because you guys are married and not just dating or living together. But don't feel bad though because you didn't have to do it together. He could have just done it alone.
Back to top Go down
QTsmum

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I love it.

I'll go find my pic.

Idiot parents too?

That is so sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't understand how somebody could treat their own flesh and blood like that. I mean...she carried you for nine months and gave birth to you. Where are her maternal instincts? I could never imagine not speaking to my sons or vice versa. Your dad too. No contact for six months? What man would allow his wife to prevent him from having a relationship with his own grandson? I'm sorry Lexi...I'm not trying to insult your parents. Just trying to understand them Neutral

This is what I always say too! I can't believe as parents, they would be the way my parents are. I couldn't imagine treating Quinten the way my parents have treated me. Ever. I just don't get it. I'm pretty sure my parent's aren't mentally sound.
No

But at least we have learned what NOT to do, kwim?!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 pm

QTsmum wrote:
This is what I always say too! I can't believe as parents, they would be the way my parents are. I couldn't imagine treating Quinten the way my parents have treated me. Ever. I just don't get it. I'm pretty sure my parent's aren't mentally sound.
No

But at least we have learned what NOT to do, kwim?!

Oh yah your story is even scarier. I remember you telling us in the PR the stuff your mom used to do and still does. What's sad too is that everybody else in the family other than that one aunt has alienated you because of your mom.

When I see situations like these, I remember to appreciate my family even more.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:00 am

QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I love it.

I'll go find my pic.

Idiot parents too?

Awe. That sucks. It's the hardest decision someone should ever have to make. Makes ya feel bad for the kids, but at the same time I think of it like I'd rather him not know them and than to get attached and be hurt by them time and time again (and brainwashed. My niece is proof of THAT!) It's disgusting.
I don't talk to either of my parents, nor my older brother (I only speak to my sister). They're all lunatics.
They met Quinten for about 15 minutes when he was 4 months old, and that was it. Haven't spoken to them since. My parents are really, really bad people. Sad

I'm sorry you don't have parents either its hard when there is no family around because the saying goes it takes a village to raise a family and we don't have that village to help Sad

Yes that is one MAIN reason why I cut ties as I didn't want my son brainwashed and turned against us she was really good at that
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I love it.

I'll go find my pic.

Idiot parents too?

none taken...technically to me she is dead and my dad aI try not to let it bother me as he is in his 70's Shocked I know I know he's pretty old LOL so I don't want to say something and regret it if he dies you know?

Well if it helps growing up I was always told without my father I would be nothing...and that she wished I was never born so ya I'm kind of over it
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:21 pm

pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I love it.

I'll go find my pic.

Idiot parents too?

I'm sorry you don't have parents either its hard when there is no family around because the saying goes it takes a village to raise a family and we don't have that village to help Sad

Yes that is one MAIN reason why I cut ties as I didn't want my son brainwashed and turned against us she was really good at that

It's a good thing then that you cut the ties. Sheesh...what kind of grandmother will turn her grandson against his own mother Sad
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 pm

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
So cool!

I love it.

I'll go find my pic.

Idiot parents too?

none taken...technically to me she is dead and my dad aI try not to let it bother me as he is in his 70's Shocked I know I know he's pretty old LOL so I don't want to say something and regret it if he dies you know?

Well if it helps growing up I was always told without my father I would be nothing...and that she wished I was never born so ya I'm kind of over it

OMG how awful of your mom to say something like that Surprised Shocked How can a mother say that. I can see it coming from a father or sibling but a mom? Shocked I guess it is a REALLY REALLY good thing you cut the ties. Next thing you know, she'll be telling your son you wish he's never been born.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 am

that's exactly it as a mother I could never even think of treating my son the way she treated me...sure I may not later in life agree with his choices but I will ALWAYS love him unconditionally...
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 am

pinkfrog wrote:
that's exactly it as a mother I could never even think of treating my son the way she treated me...sure I may not later in life agree with his choices but I will ALWAYS love him unconditionally...

That's what love is all about. Accepting them no matter how much you disagree with their choices and no matter how much they disappoint you and children WILL disappoint you. It's part of life. I can't count the number of times I've disappointed my parents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reveal Day!!!   Reveal Day!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reveal Day!!!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5