Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dreading the snow

Go down 
+5
pinkfrog
ixlovexpink
QTsmum
Momof2Boys
crockpot_queen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pinkfrog

dreading the snow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:17 am

Tracy wrote:
We can't wait for snow. Should I run and hide now? LOL

We got a very light dusting last month, not enough to play in and my kids were very disappointed. We hope, hope, hope to get enough snow Friday to PLAY!

Tracy whereabouts are you?

My son is the same way...he got a sled from Santa LAST Christmas and he hasn't been able to use it...I hope he doesn't outgrow it
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 am

pinkfrog wrote:
crockpot_queen wrote:
We got over 2 feet Saturdayand we are getting at least another 1 1/2 feet today. To top it off they are calling for more snow on Monday.....will it ever end????

I feel for you...its all pretty in the beginning and then its a big mess after that...are you in Washington?

Now I know my ds would LOVE to play in the snow this yr and use the sled he got from Santa LAST Christmas but not enough fell...maybe we'll come visit you Wink

My ds was looking forward to going out today in his sled but he was diappointed Neutral
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 am

Yeah!!! Lots of snow here today.....we had a bunch over the weekend. Now, we are at 20 inches since yesterday evening. It's waist high in the yard! I never thought I would be out making snowmen with my hubby AFTER my son went to bed. He's going to be shocked to see a 7ft tall snowman in the drive. Smile I feel like I'm in grade school again....PLEASE let there be no work tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 am

The snow has stopped, but now we get the snow drifts. I had to walk to the side of my house and the snow was up to my hip. Granted an am not tall, but still. I came back in my my 2 year old was just wide eyed. I am hoping to take her for a sled ride tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 pm

momtoheath wrote:
Yeah!!! Lots of snow here today.....we had a bunch over the weekend. Now, we are at 20 inches since yesterday evening. It's waist high in the yard! I never thought I would be out making snowmen with my hubby AFTER my son went to bed. He's going to be shocked to see a 7ft tall snowman in the drive. Smile I feel like I'm in grade school again....PLEASE let there be no work tomorrow!!!

20 inches?! Shocked My DS would love that! We don't even have enough to take him out on his sled Neutral He had been waiting and asking for snow. It must have been fun though to make the snowmen. Did you have to go to work today?
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 pm

crockpot_queen wrote:
The snow has stopped, but now we get the snow drifts. I had to walk to the side of my house and the snow was up to my hip. Granted an am not tall, but still. I came back in my my 2 year old was just wide eyed. I am hoping to take her for a sled ride tomorrow.

Again....sooo jealous! We've hardly had any snow this winter Neutral Meanwhile, you're waist deep in it Shocked
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Yes. My hubby has to be in by 10. A
fun night indeed!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:07 pm

momtoheath wrote:
Yes. My hubby has to be in by 10. A
fun night indeed!

Huh? What do you mean?
Sorry, I'm a little clueless Embarassed
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 pm

someone asked if work was open today....at least we got to play in the snow last night!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 pm

momtoheath wrote:
someone asked if work was open today....at least we got to play in the snow last night!

Gotcha! Sorry Embarassed Bummer that he has to go to work.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:52 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
crockpot_queen wrote:
We got over 2 feet Saturdayand we are getting at least another 1 1/2 feet today. To top it off they are calling for more snow on Monday.....will it ever end????

I feel for you...its all pretty in the beginning and then its a big mess after that...are you in Washington?

Now I know my ds would LOVE to play in the snow this yr and use the sled he got from Santa LAST Christmas but not enough fell...maybe we'll come visit you Wink

My ds was looking forward to going out today in his sled but he was diappointed Neutral

aww at this rate were gonna have to rent a snow machine to make our own snow LOL
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 am

momtoheath wrote:

Shocked that sure is A LOT

at least your all having fun and remaining positive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:54 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
momtoheath wrote:

20 inches?! Shocked My DS would love that! We don't even have enough to take him out on his sled Neutral He had been waiting and asking for snow. It must have been fun though to make the snowmen. Did you have to go to work today?

my son too would LOVE it...I know he really wants to use his sled though poor thing brand new and no snow Sad
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
crockpot_queen wrote:

Again....sooo jealous! We've hardly had any snow this winter Neutral Meanwhile, you're waist deep in it Shocked

LITERALLY Laughing
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 am

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
crockpot_queen wrote:

aww at this rate were gonna have to rent a snow machine to make our own snow LOL

I know! No kidding Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 am

pinkfrog wrote:
momtoheath wrote:

Shocked that sure is A LOT

at least your all having fun and remaining positive Very Happy

Gosh I promise to have fun and remain positive if we could just get some already Laughing
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 am

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
momtoheath wrote:

my son too would LOVE it...I know he really wants to use his sled though poor thing brand new and no snow Sad

Your son and my son both Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 am

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
crockpot_queen wrote:

LITERALLY Laughing

YES, LITERALLY Laughing
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

We got inches and inches and now it's all ice. I helped dig out 2 cars and push one out of an ice pit yesterday. no fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:03 am

Maya wrote:
We got inches and inches and now it's all ice. I helped dig out 2 cars and push one out of an ice pit yesterday. no fun!

Whaaaaat??? That's a lot of snow Shocked Don't hate me but I wish we had some. We haven't had any this year. Well ok we've had like.....a total of 1 foot this winter. Maybe even less Neutral My 3-year old wants to go sledding but I don't think it's happening anytime this winter Neutral
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

Decided to take my DD out for a sled ride. The street is finally clear so we decided that the grass would work fine. The sled is on top of the snow, put DD in and now i have to step into 4 feet of snow and pull her behine me. Needless to say it didn't last long. We actually had too much snow for pulling her! I just heard that they are calling for another 4-8 inches Monday....I am really hoping they are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 am

At least DD got to go out in her sled Laughing We bought snow shovels in December of last year and returned them today coz they have not been used Laughing
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 pm

returning shovels? We can't even find them. In the first storm one of ours broke and I called/went to 8 places and they didn't have any shovels. If it was up to my DD it would never snow. I took her her out and she just stood their and cried. On the bright side at least I was able to get some great pictures.
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Lol! We broke our broom trying to use it to get the snow off the trees....Thank God we didnt lose our shovel....I think we would be hard pressed to find one around here too!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 pm

crockpot_queen wrote:
returning shovels? We can't even find them. In the first storm one of ours broke and I called/went to 8 places and they didn't have any shovels. If it was up to my DD it would never snow. I took her her out and she just stood their and cried. On the bright side at least I was able to get some great pictures.

There are snow shovels everywhere in the stores here. They're selling them for 50% off just to get rid of them. We paid full price for the shovels we bought back in December and the girl told us they were 50% off so we decided to keep them since we don't have any and she refunded us the difference. Hey.....there's always next year right? Laughing

Last edited by Momof2Boys on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dreading the snow   dreading the snow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dreading the snow
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Dudes and Divas :: LD&D Room - EVERYTHING ELSE! :: Anything and Everything!-
Jump to: