Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what to do with kids clothing you won't use again

Go down 
+7
butterflyjuju
pinkfrog
meggiero
ahuskins
mintoad
awhitesi
crockpot_queen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Empty
PostSubject: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:27 am

My DD is 2 1/2 and I have been saving all her clothing since day 1 on the off chance she gets a sister. Turns out she is getting a brother and now I have all this clothing. We had a yard sale over the weeknd and I sold a bunch, but still have a lot left over. many of which still have tags. My question is what would be the best way to go? Ebay, Craigs list, or consign (near me they give you cash on the spot so it is not really consigning.)
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Not sure I have any great advice, but great question! I think I might sell the excellent condition or name brand things on eBay...that or consignment. I have a friend who listed a huge lot on Craigslist and made quite a bit...plus less fees than eBay. HTH Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mintoad

mintoad

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:07 pm

for me, when I get to the point that I think we're going to get rid of things, I'll probably try to find someone to garage sale the stuff (I live in a very rural area so I'd find someone who lives in town that would let me put stuff on their sale) and then I'd probably Goodwill the rest. I have actually gotten a lot of my kids clothes, many still with new tags on them at our local Goodwill so I'd probably donate them there, kind of to return the favor for all the great things I've found there for such a cheap price.
Back to top Go down
ahuskins

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:59 am

If you don't want to cash in on the clothes, you can always offer them on your local freecycle so that someone in need can use them. Smile freecycle.org
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:01 am

I would probably consign some of them, but donate to local charities too. There are a few places where I live that sell baby clothes super cheap and the proceeds help fund Christian organizations.
Back to top Go down
meggiero

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:31 am

If family/friends can't use them, I donate the rest to St. Vincent de Paul.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:28 am

I normally either freecycle it, give the good stuff that isn't holey, stained or ragged looking to friends and/or family...my church also does a free clothing exchange in the Spring and Fall so I normally round these things up and take it over when their collecting...
Back to top Go down
butterflyjuju

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:20 pm

I had a yard sale.
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Thank you all so much for the ideas. I did go on Monday and dropped off 5 large bags of clothing at out local goodwill. I also have some suits to take to dress for success. I posted on craigslist, just waiting to see what happens. I would like to make some money from it now that I need to get boy clothing, but let's be honest I really want a new diaper with a boy print Smile
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:20 am

crockpot_queen wrote:
Thank you all so much for the ideas. I did go on Monday and dropped off 5 large bags of clothing at out local goodwill. I also have some suits to take to dress for success. I posted on craigslist, just waiting to see what happens. I would like to make some money from it now that I need to get boy clothing, but let's be honest I really want a new diaper with a boy print Smile

did you mean a new diaper bag??? or are you talking about cloth diapers???

That is awesome...you know there is always some worse off than you out there and this will make them a bit better Smile

God bless
Back to top Go down
chall1011

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:04 am

if you can google in your local area a childrens resale place. They will usually buy things offf of you for store credit to buy new things you need through their store, its awesome. do you plan on every having a 3rd? i have a little girl and i either sell or give her clothes to other women having little girls. I keep all the outfits i love and wouldnt want to lose, b/c i plan on having 2 more kids =)
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:25 am

I actually did google yesterday and there is a place not very far from me that I am going to check out this week. Up until a few weeks ago I had all of her clothing that she ever wore on the off chance I was having a girl. I am keeping a few items that I really love or have special meaning, but the rest has to go Smile
I did tell my DH that we can just dress our son in her clothing, I was kidding of course Smile
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:01 am

[quote="crockpot_queen"]I actually did google yesterday and there is a place not very far from me that I am going to check out this week. Up until a few weeks ago I had all of her clothing that she ever wore on the off chance I was having a girl. I am keeping a few items that I really love or have special meaning, but the rest has to go Smile
I did tell my DH that we can just dress our son in her clothing, I was kidding of course Smile[/quote]

LOL you know how many times I said that about my son? considering God's plan is probably only to have one child as we've been trying for over 2 yrs with no luck Sad So since its soo hard to dress a boy as the options are limited I was thinking about just putting one on my son Wink
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:01 am

you know I'm kidding with above right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crazyflwr

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:08 am

I gave all the clothes away to family that could use that size. With the rest of my sons clothes I am going to put my in the comunity yard sale this year. I have a little girl now and I don't want another baby for awhile. Whatever I don't sell I plan to give to Goodwill
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:13 am

Great suggestions ladies...I'll have to keep this all in mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:37 am

pinkfrog wrote:

Yeah, I figured you were kidding, but if you ever change you mind, I have some adorable girls clothing, I can send you Smile
Don't give up, it took over two years for me to get pregnant with my DD.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:40 am

crockpot_queen wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:

Yeah, I figured you were kidding, but if you ever change you mind, I have some adorable girls clothing, I can send you Smile
Don't give up, it took over two years for me to get pregnant with my DD.

Good to know

Thanks for the words of encouragement it means a lot however I'm starting to think we were meant to be a family of 3...the drs don't know why I'm not getting pregnant don't know why I stopped ovulating and as much as I want another especially a girl I just don't think we are ever going to be blessed I think its been now 2.5 yrs of trying and ds will be 5 in August...if I were to get pregnant the poor kid is going to be almost 6 yrs apart from his sibling...I really wanted them 3 yrs...it just makes me really sad especially when he tells me he wants a brother or sister to love and then draws family pictures with a brother and a sister in it and the brother is named lego and the sister is named brianna... Laughing
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:28 am

You may not have a daughter, but you are certainly blessed to have your son. I thought that it would take years for me to get pregnant with #2. We were lucky that it didn't take long, but I am having anything but a textbook pregnancy. I do know it will be woth it once I see him.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:45 am

crockpot_queen wrote:
You may not have a daughter, but you are certainly blessed to have your son. I thought that it would take years for me to get pregnant with #2. We were lucky that it didn't take long, but I am having anything but a textbook pregnancy. I do know it will be woth it once I see him.

oh for sure don't get me wrong my son is our miracle baby and I love him to pieces and I am blessed to have him...just frustrating as it only took me 6 moths to conceive him however whatever happens happens we are in the process of starting the adoption process...
Back to top Go down
boobearzmama

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:09 am

Im currently trying to figure out what to do with all my sons clothes since we are having a girl, haha.... I saved just about everything, although I did loan some out to my brother but only the less than 12 months stuff since although my nephew is 14 months younger he outgrew his cousin.... They returned most of the stuff they used too.

Im still working on going thru it all and pulling out things that work for a girl too.... Then I dunno what Ill do with it. I dont plan to have another, but its SO hard to part with stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
pinkmac85

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:48 am

I rarely keep any of my daughers clothing because she has SOOOO much-there are things I have given away with tags still on them! If it's something we bought that was VERY $$$ I will sell it on ebay otherwise I give it away to others who may not have as much money to buy brand name clothes or just to anyone in general who would like them.
I was going to save all her stuff but I figured by the time we even think of having another in 3-4 years I will want to buy all new stuff for the new baby!
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 am

pinkfrog wrote:
crockpot_queen wrote:

oh for sure don't get me wrong my son is our miracle baby and I love him to pieces and I am blessed to have him...just frustrating as it only took me 6 moths to conceive him however whatever happens happens we are in the process of starting the adoption process...

best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with kids clothing you won't use again   what to do with kids clothing you won't use again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to do with kids clothing you won't use again
Page 1 of 1