Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
momtoheath

Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Empty
PostSubject: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Grrr.....been up all night due to a cold my son and I got from a weekend party. I really never understood why people bring sick children to kids' birthday parties!!! How do you handle being sick? I know it's tough, but my son is not allowed if I think he may be remotely sick. Runny nose, ok.....coughing, sneezing....def not!!!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Awww.....I'm sorry. It's no fun being preggo and sick. Both my kids are just getting over pink eye. DH and I are sick right now with a cough and constant sneezing. My best friend is celebrating her son's 1st birthday this weekend and I told her if dh and I are still sick, there's no way we'll be there.
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Yikes! pink eye is not fun. And to top it off, you and your DH are sick!!! So sorry!

I never did understand the taking sick ones to parties. If there is even a slight chance we may be sick, none of us go. It makes it really tough, but I would rather miss out then be sick as a result, or get someone else sick.

Here's to hoping you all heal before the weekend
Back to top Go down
twins+2

twins+2

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 am

momtoheath wrote:
Grrr.....been up all night due to a cold my son and I got from a weekend party. I really never understood why people bring sick children to kids' birthday parties!!! How do you handle being sick? I know it's tough, but my son is not allowed if I think he may be remotely sick. Runny nose, ok.....coughing, sneezing....def not!!!

hope your son gets better soon. there should be a rule about sick kids going to parties but here in mexico i prefer not to take my twins because its filled up with sick kids and you can only imagine mucus all over the games, chairs, etc
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 am

twins+2 wrote:
hope your son gets better soon. there should be a rule about sick kids going to parties but here in mexico i prefer not to take my twins because its filled up with sick kids and you can only imagine mucus all over the games, chairs, etc

Ewwwww! Is it really that bad in Mexico?
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:21 am

Can't believe that it's that bad in Mexico!!! Where do you live there?
Back to top Go down
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:15 am

Hope you and your son are feeling better. If my DD is sick we stay home, but I have been to parties where parents bring their sick kids.
Back to top Go down
twins+2

twins+2

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:31 am

i live in chihuahua and depending on the time of year but kids are always sick of something and some parents are care free and just take their kids everywhere even if they have a cold
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 am

I guess it's the norm for Mexicans. They do the same thing where I come from too Rolling Eyes Apparently the more your kids get sick the stronger their immune system will get.
Back to top Go down
twins+2

twins+2

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:28 am

where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:29 am

Malaysia Wink
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:34 am

I live in NJ if you were asking me.
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Turning the corner now!!! Finally turning the corner on the cold. Can you believe I lost 3 lbs in 2 days.....and am 9mos preg.!!!! Medications are finally kicking in and Tilly is ok. Been away for a bit trying to rest. Thanks to my DH who took care of my son the last few days. Starting to feel human again!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 am

momtoheath wrote:
Turning the corner now!!! Finally turning the corner on the cold. Can you believe I lost 3 lbs in 2 days.....and am 9mos preg.!!!! Medications are finally kicking in and Tilly is ok. Been away for a bit trying to rest. Thanks to my DH who took care of my son the last few days. Starting to feel human again!

Glad to hear you're on the mend! It's no fun being sick while preggo Sad Hurray for DH too Wink
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Lol...Grrrr.....No longer on the mend. Was away yesterday since I was in the ER. Now have middle ear infection, and no voice....MORE medicine. I can't hear on the right side now, but am hoping to have it back by the end of the weekend, so I apologize if I don't get back to posts this weekend. DH has been great though.....He has taken my son out for the day so I can sleep!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 am

Oh no....sick again?! I'm so sorry! Glad to hear that DH is helping with ds Wink Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 am

Yeah...never got over it. I think I was wishful thinking. Now they are saying I can have my daughter until I get over this....Grrrr....
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:52 am

momtoheath wrote:
Yeah...never got over it. I think I was wishful thinking. Now they are saying I can have my daughter until I get over this....Grrrr....

What?! Aer you serious? So they won't perform the c-section until you get better?
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 am

Totally, the OB already said he wont until I am well. On breathing treatments, codeine and cough meds, migraine meds, and meds for my middle ear infection.....All because some stupid parent brought their sick kid to a party. I understand how hard it is to say no when someone is sick, but darn it.....I am now swimming in expenses from all of the dr visits, er visits, and flying my family out I am absolutely beside myself. I can't hear, and can't even talk right now...I sure hope that kid had a great time that day!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:13 am

Oh no....I'm so sorry you're going through all this cr@p! I understand now why they won't do it. Ok just out of curiosity, and I'm hoping this does not happen but what if you don't get better and you go past your due date? Or lets say you go into labor while you're still sick? Then what? You have to deliver naturally? Sorry....I'm not trying to make you panic. I'm just curious Embarassed
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:19 am

Dont know....They said they cant induce me since it went badly last time. At least I'm on insulin, so she is still small for her gestational age. Trying to tell myself I have almost 2 weeks to get better!!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:25 am

Ok lets stay positive then. You WILL get better in 2 weeks! 2 weeks is enough time!
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:29 am

Positive thoughts!!!! And at this rate, I wont have much weight to lose after she gets here!!! I can wear normal clothes home from hospital!!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 am

LOL! There you go! Hey looks like being sick is not too bad after all. Of course it would be better if you weren't but since we can't change that, we try to come out on top!
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:38 am

You got it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??   Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why would someone bring SICK kids to a party??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next