Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any big plans for Valentine's Day?

Go down 
+7
ixlovexpink
kristinseto
QTsmum
hildie
pinkfrog
mariak
Momof2Boys
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Momof2Boys

Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 am

momtoheath wrote:
NO worries....more like a short Chinese man, mostly bald, looking bug-eyed....Now he will run around and play with my son, but has a short attention span. One moment, they will be playing.....The next thing I know, he is sleeping (FIL)...

My DH, thank God, has kept it up! He loves doing bath time duty. I rarely give my son a bath. That has made having a second sooo much easier!

OMG your FIL sounds exactly like my Dad Laughing Short Chinese man but with hair. He will play with my kids but gets tired easily. There aren't very many Chinese men who are hands on with babies. Your husband being the exception of course Wink When I was growing up, I remember my Mom doing everything! The cooking, cleaning, taking care of us and she worked a full-time job too. My Dad was just....there.

My DH has never given DS2 a bath. The last time he gave DS1 a bath was over a year ago and that was because I was pregnant and couldn't lean over the bath tub Laughing
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 am

Too funny!!! My DH is really quite awesome. He cooks with me too. I realize how lucky I am. I think that Joe's father sounds just like your dad. He wasnt involved much, and his mom worked alot too, so Joe pretty much did the cooking while they were at work for his little brother.

When Joe's dad is down, I constantly wonder how Joe came from his father. His dad wont even take his dishes to the sink.....and I'm freaking 9 months pregnant. He iss a very nice man, no doubt, but just nonthing like my hubby!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:52 am

Wow, Joe cooks too?! Shocked He is definitely a keeper. My dad doesn't take his dishes to the sink either! My poor mom is so used to it though that she doesn't say anything because where we come from, it's normal for the women to do everything and the men just go to work, come home, eat and relax. But on the upside, he always gave his paycheques to my mom Laughing She basically controlled everything Laughing He is retired now, my mom still works but she still does everything! I asked her once why does she put up with it and she said "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" Rolling Eyes

Oh and congrats on being pregnant! When are you due? Do you know if you're having a girl or boy?
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:07 am

rabidewok wrote:
We don't celebrate it. Not really a Valentine, hearts, and romance type o' gal.

I WILL be going out the day after to get pretty flowers and chocolates half off though lol.

yup gotta love the deals AFTER Laughing
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 am

We're having a girl....Tilly, short for Matilda...Can't wait! Scheduled for 3/19, but may be sooner
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 am

pinkfrog wrote:
rabidewok wrote:

I WILL be going out the day after to get pretty flowers and chocolates half off though lol.

I know eh. Smart woman. I never thought to go out after V day for cheap chocolates. I always thought they put that stuff away until the following year.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 am

momtoheath wrote:
We're having a girl....Tilly, short for Matilda...Can't wait! Scheduled for 3/19, but may be sooner

Awwww....a GIRL?! CONGRATULATIONS! We would love to have a girl too but it won't be for a while. My two boys are a handful right now.

By the way, I feel dumb asking you this but....what is your name? I just realized that we've been chattin back and forth and I don't even know your name. I'm Joanne.
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 am

So excited for a girl! Sorry should have told you earlier....I'm Kristina.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

momtoheath wrote:

Nice to meet you Kristina Wink YAY for pink stuff!
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 am

Yes....pink and purple!
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:38 pm

ok ok ok, I have no one this year Sad
BUT I have some other friends that have no one too
So we might have a no valentine get together but there are so many parties too!!!

Hope you all have fun.... DEMAND DIAMONDS! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:57 am

momtoheath wrote:
Yes....pink and purple!

Oooh....I forgot purple Laughing
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:58 am

Maya wrote:
ok ok ok, I have no one this year Sad
BUT I have some other friends that have no one too
So we might have a no valentine get together but there are so many parties too!!!

Hope you all have fun.... DEMAND DIAMONDS! Smile

Some days I wish I have no one so I can go out and do my own thing Laughing
What I would give to go to a party and see all my single friends again. Ah.........
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
rabidewok wrote:

I know eh. Smart woman. I never thought to go out after V day for cheap chocolates. I always thought they put that stuff away until the following year.

they may have because we do that every yr for Halloween and Christmas and this yr there wasn't anything so either stock was low to begin with or they become cheap and packed it all away
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:24 am

momtoheath wrote:

Hi Kristina *waves*

congrats on your girl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:07 am

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
rabidewok wrote:

they may have because we do that every yr for Halloween and Christmas and this yr there wasn't anything so either stock was low to begin with or they become cheap and packed it all away

Just think. When you buy chocolates next yr for Halloween or Christmas, you'll be getting the leftover from this year Laughing It's a good thing I don't buy chocolates Laughing
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:00 pm

pinkfrog wrote:
momtoheath wrote:

Hi Kristina *waves*

congrats on your girl Very Happy

thanks Lexi!
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:04 am

So...LOL now, but had to update you all on the Valentines day festivities.... Usually, we dont do much, but...LONG weekend....Funeral on Sat, my FIL staying tonight....Gosh I thought the day would never end....First, he told me I need to give my 2yo cough medicine at least 3 times. He doesnt listen to why you cannot. Then we put our son into bed for nap, and a while later, I hear the father-in-law playing with him...."He wasnt tired" My DH got mad at me and said he hated always being the bad guy....(I stay at home with him every day....and Heath wasnt bad, Joe's dad was!) After trying again unsuccessfully, my father in law brought him to me and said he really thinks my son is coughing because I failed to layer him properly!!!!!! That was it...Hubby usually gets me a small token gift, but this year....nothing. Usually, I'm ok with the be nice every day, but I was at the end of my rope....

Even though I am pre-ordering a few bags tomorrow.....he realized that my purchase of earring for myself as a "get through this day" gift was necessary.....Especially since we are hosting a dinner for 16 this week

Sorry had to rant...but just because you have a deal to be nice every day doesn't mean be a jerk the day of Smile
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:00 am

Awwwww.......I'm sorry about your weekend. On the plus side, you got yourself a nice pair of ear-rings and some bags tomorrow Wink

By the way, does FIL speak Chinese? If you don't mind my asking, are you Chinese as well?
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 am

FIL and DH both speak Taiwanese dialect around the house. DH is first gen American. I am caucasian, and speak very little. Joe doesn't speak Mandarin, but his father does.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Ah...I see. Does FIL speak English at all? I'm just wondering how the two of you communicate. I have a picture in my mind of a short chinese man handing a baby out to a caucasian woman and speaking to her in Mandarin like she understands every word Laughing

My dad speaks Mandarin and Cantonese but he speaks very good English too. I don't know any Mandarin or Cantonese except......the bad words Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Yes, he speaks English, but with a very heavy accent. He came to the US for grad school, but only socializes with other Chinese, thus his use of the English language now that he is retired is limited. Joe has 2 Aunts that speak English, the rest of the family that reside in Taiwan only speak Chinese. I have gotten used to the language, but at first, it was rather tough to handle. Generally, the weekends he comes down are entirely in Chinese. He has difficulty finding the English phrases, and Joe is fluent, so it is easier for them, but unfortunately, impossible for me. It makes for a good weekend to read!
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:12 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
rabidewok wrote:

Just think. When you buy chocolates next yr for Halloween or Christmas, you'll be getting the leftover from this year Laughing It's a good thing I don't buy chocolates Laughing

Shocked OMG what if your right eww that would be gross though I always joke to dh that we should stock up for the next yr Laughing

you don't like chocolate???
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 am

momtoheath wrote:
So...LOL now, but had to update you all on the Valentines day festivities.... Usually, we dont do much, but...LONG weekend....Funeral on Sat, my FIL staying tonight....Gosh I thought the day would never end....First, he told me I need to give my 2yo cough medicine at least 3 times. He doesnt listen to why you cannot. Then we put our son into bed for nap, and a while later, I hear the father-in-law playing with him...."He wasnt tired" My DH got mad at me and said he hated always being the bad guy....(I stay at home with him every day....and Heath wasnt bad, Joe's dad was!) After trying again unsuccessfully, my father in law brought him to me and said he really thinks my son is coughing because I failed to layer him properly!!!!!! That was it...Hubby usually gets me a small token gift, but this year....nothing. Usually, I'm ok with the be nice every day, but I was at the end of my rope....

Even though I am pre-ordering a few bags tomorrow.....he realized that my purchase of earring for myself as a "get through this day" gift was necessary.....Especially since we are hosting a dinner for 16 this week

Sorry had to rant...but just because you have a deal to be nice every day doesn't mean be a jerk the day of Smile

WOW what a wkend...at least you have some goodies coming your way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:24 am

pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
rabidewok wrote:

Shocked OMG what if your right eww that would be gross though I always joke to dh that we should stock up for the next yr Laughing

you don't like chocolate???

Chocolate doesn't really expire so I guess there's no harm in stocking up Laughing

I'm not a big chocolate eater. I'll have a Bounty or Mars bar occasionally which in that case, I usually go to Dollarama or Wal-Mart to get them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any big plans for Valentine's Day?   Any big plans for Valentine's Day? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any big plans for Valentine's Day?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next