Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black EL MB Review and Pics!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
awhitesi

awhitesi

Black EL MB Review and Pics! Empty
PostSubject: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:45 pm

I got my Black EL MB Saturday and was SO excited to pack it! I am hoping to try it out as a diaper bag for our soon 2 under 2 kids. I haven't used it out and about yet, but am excited to see how it will function as a diaper bag for us. I have previously owned a Vera Bradley Diaper Bag and used it exclusively when DS was younger. I have also used a JJB BeTween and am currently carrying the JJB MiniBe. I have found it is really nice to be hands free with little ones!

I will be using it as our main diaper bag for my DS, who is almost 21 months and DD is due mid-June Very Happy I love the interior, but do wish there was a bit more organization inside. I have to use a lot a Quicks to prevent the 'black hole' bag phenomenon. The exterior pockets are perfect for my FV zip wallet, sippie cup, and snacks. Currently, I usually carry a Quick with diapers/wipes, FV zip wallet, germ wipes, checkbook, sunglasses, a few packets of dried fruit, juice box, sippie cup, JJB mess shuttle, iPhone, JJb coin pouch with Tylenol, and a JJB medium set with coupons or a coupon organizer. So far, the MB fits all of this and there is so much room for more...which will be perfect with another little one on the way!

I heard about this bag through the Spring Reveals in the Ju-Ju-Be Pink Room forum. The forum is a great online community and all the hype and talk of the new Legacy Collection convinced me to go for it!

The Legacy Collection has been an exciting JJB release for me as I was always craving a more classy, but still fun bag to carry. The Earth Leather looks great and is very soft. It has a bit more shine than I prefer, but the material will wear really wear over time. The most exciting feature about the Earth Leather is its washability! JJB guides you every step of the way on how to machine wash their products...http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom2/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5931. A very comforting feature for a mom!

The lining is the thinner JJB material and at first I was a bit put off by the Dizzy Daisy print. I have become a lot more fond of the print and love that it is accented by lilac lining in the pockets. The bag was a little stinky (like factory synthetic stink) when I opened it. After only a few hours of sitting in my kitchen, it no longer is as strong. It's gorgeous!

I plan to use it on our new Baby Jogger City Mini Double stroller with JJB stroller hooks. I am wanting to add some D-rings to the stroller tabs for a bit more stability and ease of use. It sags a bit on the stroller if packed heavily, but works really well with the size of the side-by-side double.

I have not had the bag long since the line was just released, but DS and DH already really like the look of the bag. DH has said he wouldn't mind holding it every now and then Wink

Here are more details... Very Happy

Exterior:
This bag is huge, but not so monstrous that it is unmanageable
One large back pocket...holds my VB change pad with tons of room for coloring books, papers, etc
3 pockets across the front held juice boxes, wipes, or small snacks perfectly
1 smaller pocket on the front...perfect for my iPhone!

Inside:
2 interior zip pockets...perfect for items you don't want your LO getting to...checkbook, etc
Very roomy!! I fit 2 Quicks, med set, Munchkin folding change pad, FV Zip Wallet, JJB Mess Shuttle, and bib. There is tons of extra room for a change of clothes, toys, etc.

What I wish was different:
I wish it had a bit more structure. It tends to tip if there is not a good base of Quicks, etc
I would love interior mesh or fabric pockets for sippie cups, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc
I am hoping to add a few D-rings on the stroller tabs to make it a bit easier to clip to the stroller
A messenger strap or slightly longer tote straps would be ideal for me as well.
A zipper would top it off for me! For the price though, the quality is amazing!!

Overall: I LOVE IT! I really like the classy, but fun look for a diaper or all-purpose bag. I also love that the MB will be great for other occasions if our needs change. Library bag, pool bag, emergency stash of necessary items in the car...the possibilities are endless!

Front:
Black EL MB Review and Pics! IMG_0383

Black EL MB Review and Pics! IMG_0376

Back:
Black EL MB Review and Pics! IMG_0384

Black EL MB Review and Pics! IMG_0385

Black EL MB Review and Pics! IMG_0386
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:48 am

first love the review, second the stink I have only had a new jjb once and I have to agree its pretty potent LOL

I LOVE how classy it looks and can be used for my dressier occasions...funny enough the lining of the blak el bags are growing on me so much so that I really want a black be have
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

pinkfrog wrote:
first love the review, second the stink I have only had a new jjb once and I have to agree its pretty potent LOL

I LOVE how classy it looks and can be used for my dressier occasions...funny enough the lining of the blak el bags are growing on me so much so that I really want a black be have

I think DZ is much better as a lining personally Embarassed I might be in trouble if the BFF is everything I've dreamed though! May have to start a thread for MB uses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

pinkfrog wrote:

oops that should say more not my...really should proof read LOL
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:53 am

awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:

I think DZ is much better as a lining personally Embarassed I might be in trouble if the BFF is everything I've dreamed though! May have to start a thread for MB uses Very Happy

after only seeing pictures I agree the dz does look better as a lining...I really hated that they had the linings they did for the EL in the beginning but it has really grown on me after reading the reviews and seeing all the irl photo's

That's a great idea...kind of like the be quick uses in the pr
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:12 am

pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:

after only seeing pictures I agree the dz does look better as a lining...I really hated that they had the linings they did for the EL in the beginning but it has really grown on me after reading the reviews and seeing all the irl photo's

It's such a good resource when you really want to use a bag Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariak

mariak

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:29 am

Great review! I just got one of these and it's so pretty!
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:15 am

awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:

It's such a good resource when you really want to use a bag Very Happy

OR give a gift Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:16 am

mariak wrote:
Great review! I just got one of these and it's so pretty!

did you get the brown? or black one?
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:35 am

Using it for the blog! Email me the addy for your free gift Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks Maya! I emailed you about FB winning and gift Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:43 am

WO-HOO!!! congrats on winning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black EL MB Review and Pics!   Black EL MB Review and Pics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black EL MB Review and Pics!
Page 1 of 1