Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LDD origins?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
seansmom

seansmom

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:52 pm

How did this lovely little company get off the ground?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
katherinekats

katherinekats

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd like to know too! Good question Teri Rae!!!
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Steve and Susan.
Wonderful parents to 3 beautiful children.
She's a PA and works full time in the hospital but manages to still come to LD&D to do some work.
Steve runs it for the most part.
I know I'm off on years but I think it's been running 5.
Started out with designer children's clothing then they slowly progressed towards diaper bags and here we are.
We're now also moving towards adding more mommy oriented items.
Hopefully I'll have the Nuddle blanket up soon.

Family owned and we really are like family here. We have our hugs and spats, our trying to rub off responsibilities on one another Smile and everyone knows everyone.
We have our shipping department, returns, customer service, processing, purchasing and more but we've all gone out together and have all enjoyed hugs from eachother during personal stressful times.

Steve and Susan on several occasions invited us into their home for a lovely dinner or on holidays to enjoy the craziness of family. They took us all in and we all know eachother better than we know ourselves.

Family Smile

Steve is the most grounded in my opinion out of all of us. With our help he makes LD&D what it is but he is the brains and I give him kudos.
It's NOT easy lol
He's the one that listens to me vent when I need it (sometimes work gets to me) and he puts things into perspective.
My devotion to him keeps me going. I see his vision in what he wants to accomplish. He's the one that gives me the ok's to bend rules at times and stretch the limits. He's awesome.
Susan is the one you can always talk girl stuff with. She's one of the trendiest people I know and most of what's on the website is her selection.

We have a great crowd here, I'm proud to work with them and honored to have them in my life.... although the occasional "I may have to hurt you" situation sometimes comes up, that's family for yah lol
That's love Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
seansmom

seansmom

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Awesome! Very Happy Thanks for sharing. Makes me love y'all even more. Wink

How did you connect with them, Maya?
Back to top Go down
GatorMommy

GatorMommy

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Teri Rae, you just have the best questions!

Maya, It sounds like you LOVE your job, and that's very important! BTW, I love Steve! Smile If Maya isn't available, I love working with Steve (though it's been several months since I've talked with him!).
Back to top Go down
katherinekats

katherinekats

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:42 am

seansmom wrote:
Awesome! Very Happy Thanks for sharing. Makes me love y'all even more. Wink

How did you connect with them, Maya?

I always thought Maya is LD&D Laughing .

Can you tell us how you got on board?
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:47 am

Well, Steve and Susan treat me like family cause they are Smile
They treat all of us like family, always inviting the entire LD&D clan to their home for dinners and stuff but.... I'm Steve's sister Smile

You're all the first to know lol

Not sure why I never mentioned it before Smile
Then again I don't think anyone asked so specifically lol

I was working for a hair salon for almost 2 years before I realized I'm not cut out for it.
I LOVE blowing out hair and doing updo's but that's about it.... and my boss (as wonderful a man as he is) was not a very good boss Sad
So I quit!

Steve and Susan said I could help take some weight off their shoulders for as long as I can till I find another job....
Thanks to their encouragement and support, I decided to stay then realized my addiction.... well............., my addiction to all of you! Smile

Steve is an amazing brother! And everyone at LD&D will agree he's an amazing boss!
Susan works full time as an RN? I think) and yet she still finds the time to come in and work at LD&D.
Couldn't have asked for a better job.... even though it's hard work, a lot of hours and CRAZY sometimes, it's my family Smile

And OF COURSE you ALL make it so much fun!!!
Back to top Go down
katherinekats

katherinekats

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:07 am

How neat to be working for your brother! I keep on telling my sis she needs to start her own crafts business coz she's so artistc & talented. And since she lives at our in-law apartment, I can always get first dibs on her products Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:49 am

Oh she SHOULD!!!!
Crafty stuff is the funnest business!!!!
I miss doing crafts!
SO much but now I don't have the time Sad
Missing my decoupage glues!!!
Back to top Go down
GatorMommy

GatorMommy

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:19 am

OMG I had no idea that Steve was your brother! How neat! Smile
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:16 am

he he he
11 years apart so I'm truly the "baby" sister Smile
Back to top Go down
seansmom

seansmom

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:56 am

Oh that's so cool! Very Happy Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Wink
Back to top Go down
wife&mommy

wife&mommy

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:45 am

oh that is great, I had no idea!
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:09 pm

LOL
You wouldn't believe how amazing he is and he would kill me for sharing but I woke up birthday morning to the most sentimental text message wishing me a happy birthday. It was long with details I won't specify but I had to keep from misting up Smile
It was PERFECT!
Not to mention he surprised me with flowers and a cake too!
Posting pics to the blog soon... he's such an awesome brother Smile
Back to top Go down
seansmom

seansmom

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Aww...that's so awesome. Very Happy I love close sibling relationships. I don't know what I would do without my little bro. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LDD origins? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD origins?   LDD origins? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LDD origins?
Page 1 of 1