Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More JJB Alterations and Review!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
awhitesi

awhitesi

More JJB Alterations and Review! Empty
PostSubject: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:30 am

Here is my review of JJB after doing hundreds of alterations. First, a bit about the alteration process as it started for me...

I started in June 2009 and things sped up after IRL photos were posted in the Pink Room! Most of the creativity is due to the PLs who want to make a JJB bag work better for them. From switching bag lining to custom BeSet pieces, the possible alterations are endless. Most start out with JJB Changing Pads that have been hoarded...collected Very Happy I do a lot of custom pieces including BeSet pouches, coin purses, key fobs, a custom BeLight, and the transformation of the BeAll to a 'Flapless BeAll.' There are also bag alterations including adding a zip and adjustable strap to the BeLight and making the BeSmart removable pouch into a Hobo with adjustable strap. I have done a few pieces of my own patterning like small wallets and recently a padded case (with memory foam) for an e-Reader...all done with JJB changing pads to match each lovely lady's stash!

How long have you been using diaper bags in general?
I first got involved with JJB through the 'Real Mom Giveaway.' I had to have a Wannabe and joined the forum to try and win one. Once all the Pink Ladies found a resident seamstress, I was sucked in to doing alterations on JJBs Very Happy

How many diaper bags have you ever used?
I started out with a Vera Bradley bag and once I won the RMG and got my Wannabe, there was no going back!

How long have you owned THIS bag?
I have been doing alterations since June 2009.

How many are you packing for + ages?
I currently have a 21 month old son and a little girl on the way...due any time Very Happy

What do you pack on a daily basis?
The usual mom necessities...diapers/wipes, FV Zip Wallet (which I LOVE), sunglasses, sippy cup, JJB coin pouch with Tylenol and Tums, change of clothes, disinfectant wipes. Once DD comes along, I'm sure there will be a lot more like burp cloths, toys, etc.

What do you like about the pockets?
After working with several JJB bags, I have found that each bag is made with amazing quality! The side pockets are no exception. I love that they are insulated. It puts my mind at ease that DS's milk won't spoil while we are out and about. I also love the elastic top to help keep the sippy in its place.
Beyond bottle pockets, JJB has really thought out what moms NEED! The mommy pocket in most bags is phenomenal. From what I have seen, the BeTween has great pocket organization inside and out!

How do you utilize the pockets and accessories?
The possibilities are endless! I put most 'mom only' things in the pockets...checkbook, meds, wallet, etc.

Where/when do you usually use the diaper bag? (Park? Weekends? Travel? Everywhere?)
This is a slightly 'different' review, so I would like to emphasize how JJB has reached around the globe. I have done alterations for PLs in Denmark, United Kingdom, Canada, and then United States! At least 20 states here is the US as well. Each customer has their own routine and needs and it has been a pleasure to work with each person to improve an already amazing product line!!

What do you think about the straps and/or handles?
I really love that most JJB bags have adjustable straps and the hardware is among the best available. I have found that the best hardware for my own alterations can only be found in China. JJB has really done their homework and it pays off. JJB has started adding more grab handles, which is what I think a lot of customers crave for the Packabe and BeTween. I have made several grab handles or shortened straps to be used as a grab handle.

How do you like the material of the bag?
Like all of the amazing features, JJB also puts the same quality into the material they use. I personally like the lighter weight material as is used in the BeLight bag. In working with the bags, I have noticed that the satin-like lining material sometimes snags easily and does stain. The Teflon coating thought is very durable and looks amazing!

What is your favorite feature on this diaper bag?
I love that JJB is so versatile! Definitely my favorite feature. While doing alterations, the BeLight bag is the most versatile in my opinion. I have added zippers, magnet closures, altered the separate straps to be attached and adjustable with sliders, changed the straps into tote handles, reversed lining colors between different BeLight prints, and made a custom BeLight with only changing pads!!

What is your least favorite feature on this diaper bag?
As previously mentioned, I sometimes wish the lining fabric was a bit more robust. However, it looks really schnazzy with all of the prints. I also am personally hoping for a classier print. The Earth Leather Legacy Collection that was recently released is right up my alley! Hoping the summer prints will reveal something classy, but also fun Very Happy

How do you clean your diaper bag?
Every Pink Lady has a method. I have used Boogie Wipes and Totally Toddler mostly for spot cleans on the changing pads I receive. I have yet to personally wash a JJB in the washing machine Shocked

How did you hear about this diaper bag and what did you hear about this diaper bag?
What made you choose this diaper bag?
JJB is appealing to a lot of moms because the design is smart! The features and quality is amazing and the possibilities for each bag to fit different lifestyle needs is one of the best features!

What helpful comments do you have for other members interested in this diaper bag?
Definitely give JJB a try! They may seem pricey, but there is always a good deal on FSOT Very Happy I never thought I would EVER wear a backpack and I have found that my MiniBe is my best friend with a running toddler! JJB has really thought of everything. The most exciting part is that they are always revealing new prints, new bags, and new ways to make the hectic life of 'MOM' easier and more enjoyable!!

I am currently on a break (possibly permanent) since DD is on the way. The most astounding part of JJB are the followers...the Pink Ladies of the Pink Room Forum! Each woman is so unique and adds to the community in her own special way. Many of these women challenged my creativity and artistic talent and I was able to take on not only a hobby, but an amazing learning experience. I love the PLs!!!

NOW...for some pics Very Happy

Lush Paisley Large BeSet piece...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_3067-1

Lush Paisley BeSet, Coin Pouch, and Key Fob...
More JJB Alterations and Review! LPsetcoinfob

Lush Paisley Wallet...
More JJB Alterations and Review! 004-1

BeLight with Tote Handles...
More JJB Alterations and Review! SSBeLightTote002-1

BeLight with Switched Linings...Lotus Lullaby with Red and Midnight Eclipse with Silver...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_2660-1

More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_2666-1

Custom Hobo (LL with Red Lining and interior patch pockets)...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_3031-1

Custom Hobo in Drip Drops (with exterior pocket)...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_0164-1

Blue Bouquet Custom E-Reader Bag (with detachable, adjustable strap)...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_0361-1

BeSmall with Perky Applique...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_2648

Custom Applique on BeAll...
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_3062-1

More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_3061-1

"Flapless BeAll"... (flap removed and mommy pocket zipper added with placket)
More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_0340-1

More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_0346-1

More JJB Alterations and Review! IMG_0344-1

Custom Backpack Straps for Packabe (in Purple Paisley)...
More JJB Alterations and Review! Purpstraps

in Lush Paisley...
More JJB Alterations and Review! Lushbpstraps
Back to top Go down
mariak

mariak

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Those are amazing!!! You do such great work!
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Shocked WOW you do some amazing work...I like them all but am digging the key fob one's

And OMG those appliques are amazing you have serious talent
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks mamas! I love doing the fobs because they are quick and fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:03 am

awhitesi wrote:

its a change pad you use right? if so how many change pads???
Back to top Go down
EthioMommy

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:33 am

You are amazing !
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:18 am

pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:

I use change pads for most of the custom alts and for key fobs. Depending on key fob width I can usually get 5-8 key fobs per change pad.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:57 am

awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:

I use change pads for most of the custom alts and for key fobs. Depending on key fob width I can usually get 5-8 key fobs per change pad.

Shocked Shocked WOW I should send you mine there just sitting in my closet doing nothing...
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:58 am

pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:

Shocked Shocked WOW I should send you mine there just sitting in my closet doing nothing...

I'm on break now waiting for little girl to arrive, but will definitely post if/when I start up again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:03 am

awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:

I'm on break now waiting for little girl to arrive, but will definitely post if/when I start up again Very Happy

oh no worries I would need to save up some money first and find the change pads first Smile

Are you over due now? or is your due date approaching?
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:11 am

I am due the 18th of June Very Happy DS was 3 weeks early and my OB wants me to make it to 39 weeks, but she said she doubts I will. I'm 37 weeks today, 3 cm, and 50% effaced...so probably soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:18 am

awhitesi wrote:
I am due the 18th of June Very Happy DS was 3 weeks early and my OB wants me to make it to 39 weeks, but she said she doubts I will. I'm 37 weeks today, 3 cm, and 50% effaced...so probably soon! Very Happy

Wo-HOO!!! congrats Smile how exciting...any names picked out?
Back to top Go down
awhitesi

awhitesi

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:03 am

pinkfrog wrote:
awhitesi wrote:

Wo-HOO!!! congrats Smile how exciting...any names picked out?

A few, but no decision yet Very Happy I think it is between Cora and Aubrey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More JJB Alterations and Review!   More JJB Alterations and Review! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More JJB Alterations and Review!
Page 1 of 1