Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....

Go down 
+9
pinkfrog
JENMOMOF4
lynn4
ixlovexpink
mintoad
crockpot_queen
Momof2Boys
awhitesi
momtoheath
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crockpot_queen

crockpot_queen

Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:01 am

I have friend have insisted that we borrow thing and that they really don't care what happens to them. I take them, but the clothing just sits for a while and I give it back. Plus my DD has so much clothing, I am not sure what to do with the stuff she has outgrown. I did give some away with the stipulation that they NEVER give it back.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:57 am

crockpot_queen wrote:
I have friend have insisted that we borrow thing and that they really don't care what happens to them. I take them, but the clothing just sits for a while and I give it back. Plus my DD has so much clothing, I am not sure what to do with the stuff she has outgrown. I did give some away with the stipulation that they NEVER give it back.

ya i do the same...I've given A LOT of clothes away though children's clothes is the hardest to give away for me because I don't have anyone really
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:34 am

I wouldn't loan anything. We have a tendency of missing something we give away even if we didn't appreciate it as much when we had it. That appreciation doesn't seem worth it though when the item comes back a little worn... if it comes back at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
momtoheath

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:20 am

Quite a few wise ladies here....Thanks to all! Focusing on the new BFF from JJB.....perhaps a replacement for my worn BRB in Tiki Toffee? I do like the backpack straps!
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:48 am

It sure does look awesome. And perfect in size... but then again YOU'RE the experts Smile
Back to top Go down
AmyKelley

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:45 pm

I loaned a lot of my sons outgrown clothes to some freinds, but I didn't include my favorites, or his baptism outfit. I didn't have nice diaperbags 12 years ago so that wouldn't have been an issue.

We loaned out our Kelty Back Pack (3 times long term) and the last time it came back moldy, I didn't notice at first until I went to use it when dd was a baby, I had to go buy a new (well new to us) one Crying or Very sad

I can sure see why you are upset, I would be too and the fact that the other person doesn't seem to understand is just nuts!
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:14 am

AmyKelley wrote:
I loaned a lot of my sons outgrown clothes to some freinds, but I didn't include my favorites, or his baptism outfit. I didn't have nice diaperbags 12 years ago so that wouldn't have been an issue.

We loaned out our Kelty Back Pack (3 times long term) and the last time it came back moldy, I didn't notice at first until I went to use it when dd was a baby, I had to go buy a new (well new to us) one Crying or Very sad

I can sure see why you are upset, I would be too and the fact that the other person doesn't seem to understand is just nuts!

oh kelty backpacks aren't cheap...
Back to top Go down
AmyKelley

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:36 am

pinkfrog wrote:
AmyKelley wrote:

No they aren't! Dh got it for me for Christmas when my ds was 4mo old. It went through him, 2 of my friends boys and another freinds 2 kids over 10 years. I bought used one just like if for about $60 which to me is crazy b/c the on I bought was 11 years old! They really hold their value.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:42 am

AmyKelley wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:
AmyKelley wrote:

No they aren't! Dh got it for me for Christmas when my ds was 4mo old. It went through him, 2 of my friends boys and another freinds 2 kids over 10 years. I bought used one just like if for about $60 which to me is crazy b/c the on I bought was 11 years old! They really hold their value.

well I guess there is a plus side to it if it holds its value Smile
Back to top Go down
AmyKelley

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:59 am

Yep!LOL I can' probably sell the one we have for at least $50 when we are done with it! It will be close to 15 years old by then.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:55 am

AmyKelley wrote:
Yep!LOL I can' probably sell the one we have for at least $50 when we are done with it! It will be close to 15 years old by then.

well at least you'll get something back...sometimes its a good thing to pay more for something then you know you'll get something back for it
Back to top Go down
tever

tever

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:35 am

Diaper bag - I am way picky on how it is treated, so no, probably not.

Clothes, depends on the person. Most - no.
Back to top Go down
boobearzmama

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:02 am

I loan out clothes, but only if its stuff Im done using, just in case it doesnt come back to me. I also didnt loan out all the sentimental clothing Smile

Diaper bags, no way, haha, I switch mine up so often that I wouldn't dare loan them out. Plus I wouldn't want them to get messed up.

Sorry ur stuff got ruined and went missing Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Had to respond again.
I just got back the hair cutting machines I loaned out to a friend of mine.
Apparently he got good use out of it.... so did his other friends....
As I'm organizing it in my pouch... something he never thought to do, I see RUST!!!!! And one of them was completely broken

I'm sure he didn't mean to do it but it IS unnerving loaning something in good faith only to get it back in less than perfect condition.

I wouldn't want anyone to trust me with their stuff either... that's why I never ask Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....   Loaning out clothes/diaper bags.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loaning out clothes/diaper bags....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2