Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your must have baby item?

Go down 
+7
Calideedle
awhitesi
~Snoopy~
twins+2
Momof2Boys
QTsmum
zzbean
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zzbean

zzbean

What is your must have baby item? Empty
PostSubject: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 am

What is your must have baby item and why can't you live without it?

Mine would have to be the A+A muslin swaddle wraps...
My little Bean wont sleep unless he is swaddled....and the other blankets we had were not big enough to swaddle him lightly, withour him being able to "break" free. I love that they keep him warm enough without overheating him. Best blankets ever!!
Back to top Go down
QTsmum

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 am

Swaddle blankets (any blanket, but it had to be the perfect material and size) were a must have for us, for sure when Q was little. And his swing. He slept in that thing A LOT. He was horribly, horribly colic... Oh man. I get anxiety thinking back.

White noise was a biggie too.
I wish I had bought one of those heart beat sheep...we had the vacuum going 8+ hours some days during the worst months.
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Gumdrop pacifiers. When DS1 was in the NICU, they nurses gave him that and it was the only pacifier that he would use. When he came home from the hospital, we tried to give him other brands just because they were easily accessible whereas the Gumdrop ones had to be ordered online.

DS2 loves them too and will not use any other ones either. We didn't really try to give him others.
Back to top Go down
zzbean

zzbean

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Oh yes...White noise!!
My first son was addicted to the sound of the hair dryer....We used to have to turn it on high and let it blow out cold air until he fell asleep (while we rocked him) I think we went through three or four hairdryers before he outgrew that!! My youngest son also loves white noise (he is 4mo) but thankfully I have a White Noise app for my iPhone and can just leave it on the night stand while he sleeps....Much better then the hair dryer!!
Swings are a god send....I agree!!!
Back to top Go down
zzbean

zzbean

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 pm

I have never heard of gumdrop pacifiers...I will have to check those out Surprised) My best friend is starting to think about babies.....and we were talking about how there are so many things you "think" you need but you never actually use them...So I thought it would be intresting to see what other moms thought were their had to have items Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 pm

zzbean wrote:
Oh yes...White noise!!
My first son was addicted to the sound of the hair dryer....We used to have to turn it on high and let it blow out cold air until he fell asleep (while we rocked him) I think we went through three or four hairdryers before he outgrew that!! My youngest son also loves white noise (he is 4mo) but thankfully I have a White Noise app for my iPhone and can just leave it on the night stand while he sleeps....Much better then the hair dryer!!
Swings are a god send....I agree!!!

Yeah speaking of white noise, DS1 loved the sound of the bathroom or stove vent. Whenever I rocked him to sleep, I had to do it in the bathroom or kitchen Laughing
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm

zzbean wrote:
I have never heard of gumdrop pacifiers...I will have to check those out Surprised) My best friend is starting to think about babies.....and we were talking about how there are so many things you "think" you need but you never actually use them...So I thought it would be intresting to see what other moms thought were their had to have items Surprised)

These are the ones:

http://www.natus.com/index.cfm?page=products_1&crid=405&contentid=514
Back to top Go down
zzbean

zzbean

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Momof2Boys wrote:
zzbean wrote:

These are the ones:

I have seen pictures of a few babies with these...I just didnt know what they were called.
That must have been very scary for you when your son was in the NICU :-(
I am a mom of two boys too....I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. How old are your boys?
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm

zzbean wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
zzbean wrote:

These are the ones:

I have seen pictures of a few babies with these...I just didnt know what they were called.
I am a mom of two boys too....I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. How old are your boys?

It was scary at the time because I was a new mom and didn't know what to expect. He was born with fluid in his lungs so he had difficulty breathing. They refer to it as "wet lung" and apparently, it's very common. The nurses in the NICU were wonderful and I knew that he was in good hands. I think the hardest thing was being separated from him. Mind you, I was going back and forth to the hospital everyday and by the time my milk came in on the third day, I stayed overnight at the hospital so I could bf him anytime.

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. They keep me on my toes but I love every minute of it. Well...almost every minute Laughing I do miss the newborn/baby stage though. Are you planning on having more?
Back to top Go down
QTsmum

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 pm

zzbean wrote:

My friend sent me one of those, but Quinten never would take one! Man, if he would, maybe he would have stopped crying for a few minutes. Neutral
That's the one big thing keepign us from having another, the memories of Quinten as a Newbie! pale
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:14 pm

QTsmum wrote:
zzbean wrote:

My friend sent me one of those, but Quinten never would take one! Man, if he would, maybe he would have stopped crying for a few minutes. Neutral
That's the one big thing keepign us from having another, the memories of Quinten as a Newbie! pale

Well they say if your first baby was "bad", then the second one will be "good". Or it's supposed to get easier anyway.
Back to top Go down
zzbean

zzbean

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
zzbean wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
zzbean wrote:

These are the ones:

It was scary at the time because I was a new mom and didn't know what to expect. He was born with fluid in his lungs so he had difficulty breathing. They refer to it as "wet lung" and apparently, it's very common. The nurses in the NICU were wonderful and I knew that he was in good hands. I think the hardest thing was being separated from him. Mind you, I was going back and forth to the hospital everyday and by the time my milk came in on the third day, I stayed overnight at the hospital so I could bf him anytime.

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. They keep me on my toes but I love every minute of it. Well...almost every minute Laughing I do miss the newborn/baby stage though. Are you planning on having more?

That would be the hardest part!! Having to leave the hospital without your brand new baby...I am glad you were able to stay with him overnight from the third night on.

No, no more babies for me....As much as I would love a little girl....I think that two will be perfect. I miscarried before having each of my boys, and dont feel that I could do that all over again....It's seems a scary pattern and I dont feel like testing it again. We were blessed with two wonderful babies...Sweet, content and good sleepers, so I think its best to quit while I am ahead. How about you?
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 am

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages Crying or Very sad I have been fortunate enough in not having to experience that but my heart breaks for anybody who has gone through it. I would love to have another one, preferrably a girl but not for another three years at least. It was hard taking care of a newborn and a two year old. I want to wait until DS2 starts school so I can give my full attention to the baby and properly bond with him/her. Oh and I need to get DH on board too Laughing
Back to top Go down
zzbean

zzbean

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:36 am

Thank you Smile
I think waiting until both boys are in school would be a great idea....Imagine being able to sleep when your newborn sleeps again...Ahhhh....And yes, you would def'n have more time for bonding with the baby. My son just turned three last month, so there is still a bit of the twos left in him Smile so I can realte to a 2 year old and a newborn...It must have been crazy! Who knows...once my boys are in school, I may decide I want to try again...Everything they make for little girls is so cute!!!
Back to top Go down
QTsmum

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:18 am

Momof2Boys wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
zzbean wrote:

Well they say if your first baby was "bad", then the second one will be "good". Or it's supposed to get easier anyway.

Yeah, I won't hold my breath though. Laughing DH and I have notoriously BAD luck!
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:41 am

zzbean wrote:
Thank you Smile
I think waiting until both boys are in school would be a great idea....Imagine being able to sleep when your newborn sleeps again...Ahhhh....And yes, you would def'n have more time for bonding with the baby. My son just turned three last month, so there is still a bit of the twos left in him Smile so I can realte to a 2 year old and a newborn...It must have been crazy! Who knows...once my boys are in school, I may decide I want to try again...Everything they make for little girls is so cute!!!

It was haaaaard at first. DS1 wanted nothing to do with the baby. He didn't want me anywhere near the baby. He wouldn't let me breastfeed the baby. He would try to hit and throw stuff at the baby Neutral Of course nothing ever touched the baby but I was always so paranoid. After a couple of days, my parents who live just around the corner decided to take DS1 for a few weeks since my Dad is retired. We still saw him at least once a day for a few hours but he spent majority of the time with my parents. It took him at least 3 months to get used to DS2. Now, he is so protective of him and always hugging and kissing him Wink
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 am

QTsmum wrote:
Momof2Boys wrote:
QTsmum wrote:
zzbean wrote:

Yeah, I won't hold my breath though. Laughing DH and I have notoriously BAD luck!

You never know until you try. But then....there's no going back Laughing Okay better not then Laughing
Back to top Go down
QTsmum

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:49 am

LOL.

I will if you do. Razz
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:07 am

QTsmum wrote:
LOL.

I will if you do. Razz

I would love to if I can convince dh to go along with it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
twins+2

twins+2

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 am

mine would be Milk Maid Hands Free Baby Bottle Holder http://www.greatbabyproducts.com/conf/gss/banner.php?tb=50&ref_id=1&rnm=1038608&act=lnk&tb2=0

It´s just a great invention when you are feeding two kids at the same time
Back to top Go down
Momof2Boys

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:39 am

twins+2 wrote:
mine would be Milk Maid Hands Free Baby Bottle Holder http://www.greatbabyproducts.com/conf/gss/banner.php?tb=50&ref_id=1&rnm=1038608&act=lnk&tb2=0

It´s just a great invention when you are feeding two kids at the same time

Wow, that's pretty neat Wink
Back to top Go down
zzbean

zzbean

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am

That is really neat...I bet it would come in super handy!!
Thanks for the cool link...What a great site!!!
Back to top Go down
twins+2

twins+2

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:34 am

you're very welcome
Back to top Go down
~Snoopy~

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 am

My Handheld Summer Video Monitor. That was/is a MUST have!
Back to top Go down
twins+2

twins+2

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:29 am

how old are your twins?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your must have baby item?   What is your must have baby item? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your must have baby item?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next