Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share your recipes for Christmas treats!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mariak

mariak

Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Empty
PostSubject: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Butter Cookies

1 C Butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 C flour
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder

Combine butter, sugar, and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour orange juice, vanilla, and baking powder. Bean until well mixed.

divide dough into thrids; wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight) Heat oven to 400 F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one third at a time to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and decorate with sprinkles. Place 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 6-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
Back to top Go down
mariak

mariak

PostSubject: Re: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 pm

Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms

48 Hershey Kisses Chocolates
1/2 C shortening
3/4 C creamy peanut butter
1/3 C granulated sugar
1/3 C packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375 F. Remove foil from kisses chocolates.

Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 C granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and allow to cook completely.

This recipe also works great with small Reeses peanut butter cups.
Back to top Go down
mariak

mariak

PostSubject: Re: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 pm

This recipe may sound a bit strange but it is delicious!

Peanut Butter Cheese Fudge

1/2 pound Velveeta
1 C butter
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C chopped nuts
2 (16 oz) boxes confectioners sugar

Lightly spray bottom of 9x2" square pan with cooking spray. In a sauce pan over med heat, melt cheese and butter, then add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla and nuts.

Empty confectioners sugar into large bowl and pour cheese mixture over sugar. Stir until completely mixed. Candy will be very stiff.

Using your hands, remove candy from the bowl and press evenly and firmly into the pan. Pat top of candy with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Place pan in refrigerator until candy is firm. To serve, cut into squares.
Back to top Go down
mariak

mariak

PostSubject: Re: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Alpine Candy

1 6 oz can almonds
1 tsp butter
12 oz morsels of white chocolate

Roast almonds and butter on high for 1 1/2 min, stir and roast 1 1/2 min more. Then chop in blender until the size you want, doing a little at a time. Melt white chocolate in glass bowl covered with plastic wrap for about 3 minutes, but keep checking it. Mix with almonds, then quickly spread on wax paper. Let cook then break into pieces.
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm

OH MY!!!!!!
Ok I'm thinking all of you need to get together and throw a sample of each of your cookies and send them over to LDD... you know.... just for us to "make sure" they're tasty???? hmmm? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
mariak

mariak

PostSubject: Re: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Maya wrote:
OH MY!!!!!!
Ok I'm thinking all of you need to get together and throw a sample of each of your cookies and send them over to LDD... you know.... just for us to "make sure" they're tasty???? hmmm? Smile
Laughing I'm actually making all of this on Thursday. I'm in the mood for holiday goodies but don't want to eat it all myself so I'm having a dessert themed graduation party for my mom. That way I can make all the goodies but I won't over eat. I'm sure everyone will appreciate me getting their kids hyped up on sugar though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share your recipes for Christmas treats!   Share your recipes for Christmas treats! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share your recipes for Christmas treats!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Dudes and Divas :: LD&D Room - EVERYTHING ELSE! :: Anything and Everything!-
Jump to: