Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time Limit on gift claims?

Go down 
+2
seansmom
Maya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Maya
Admin
Maya

Time Limit on gift claims? Empty
PostSubject: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey all,
I wanted to get some feedback on this.
Should I have a time limit on someone claiming a gift they win in a contest?
It's not that big a deal for me to search for emails but as you all know, every second counts.
And I know that usually there IS a time limit.
I read one policy that stated something along the lines of "please don't participate just for a contest as it's not fair to other members that are full time participants..."
Which does make sense but then again I know about things getting in the way of being able to go online and catch up...
Grrrrr

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
seansmom

seansmom

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Yes. Most places do 24 or 48 hours. I think that's perfectly reasonable. And either state in the contest rules or whatever whether you will email them or if you post in the forum/facebook that its their responsibility to contact you. I think either/both are fair.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 pm

seansmom wrote:
Yes. Most places do 24 or 48 hours. I think that's perfectly reasonable. And either state in the contest rules or whatever whether you will email them or if you post in the forum/facebook that its their responsibility to contact you. I think either/both are fair.

I agree with what Teri said Razz
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Maya wrote:
I know about things getting in the way of being able to go online and catch up...

What do you think?

yes life can get away from you but if you know you entered a contest then you should make the time to at least sneak online and see if you happened to win that way you aren't leaving that person hanging
Back to top Go down
AScott83

AScott83

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:11 am

I agree that most of the giveaways I've seen give a 48 hour window tops.

Though who knows if the person was actually adding the LD&D page for the contest or just because. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AScott83

AScott83

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:13 am

Not that you can change it now, but I had an idea that might've made it a little easier! Whenever someone who is apart of the group becomes a fan of the page, they also have to make a post here. That way you can tell the difference between the people who are apart of this group and the other's who are just on facebook.
Back to top Go down
BoysNBerry

BoysNBerry

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:39 am

Just make sure you allow for the time difference please! Razz

I do think there should be a limit though, I'm sure you're already busy enough!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicnaps.com
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:50 pm

BoysNBerry wrote:
Just make sure you allow for the time difference please! Razz

omg that is a good point that I completely forgot about
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:56 pm

WOW thank you so so much for the feedback!
I'll post a reminder and hope she sees it.
I would feel just awful if she ended up emailing me a week later with a very legitimate and reasonable excuse you know?
Sometimes life gets away from you for reasons you can't control, not just being busy and tired and responsible.
God forbid any of us have to experience the tragedies that could hold us back from indulging in some internet socializing....
That's the only thing that's kind of holding me back but I guess if I add it to the contest policy it should be ok and I'll hope for the best.
Will do!
Thanks all!

I'll post a reminder for her with a time limit and then do another drawing if I don't get a response.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm still dying to know what the bag is Razz

come one share with us Wink LMAO
Back to top Go down
katherinekats

katherinekats

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:25 pm

pinkfrog wrote:

I'd like to find out what it is, too. Better not be a JJB No !
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:17 pm

katherinekats wrote:
pinkfrog wrote:

I'd like to find out what it is, too. Better not be a JJB No !

I think they would be in big trouble if they did that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Limit on gift claims?   Time Limit on gift claims? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Limit on gift claims?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Dudes and Divas :: Diaper Bag Addicts! :: Diaper Bag Chat!-
Jump to: