Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any south beachers over here yet ??

Go down 
+2
seansmom
debbob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
debbob

debbob

Any south beachers over here yet ?? Empty
PostSubject: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Okay so I started again and I have lost 9.5 pounds cheers

How is everyone else doing??
Back to top Go down
seansmom

seansmom

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 pm

No south beaching....but I'm doing a Walk at Home video, Herbalife and staying away from sweets aside from a small reward at the end of the day. Started last week on Monday....did good a couple days, fell off the wagon hard over the weekend but picked myself back up on Monday. So far I've lost four pounds! Very Happy Wooohooo!!! And I have SO much more energy. I'm feelin GREAT!

Yay for 9.5 pounds Deb! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Congrats on the loss!!!
How effective was it when you were on before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
debbob

debbob

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:55 pm

It is always very effective "when" I stick with it LOL

The very first time I did SB back in 2005 I lost 20 pounds and guess I looked so good ( LOL) that we had preggers with #5.

My DH said, " you know what happened last time you lost weight " but of course he had the big V so no babies for us.

I have been on it 3 weeks this time, and would like to loose about 5 more pounds 10 would be GREAT but 5 is wonderful too.

We are having a biggest loser competition with a bunch of ladies from church, weigh in is in another 3 weeks. The winner takes home $300 !!!! I WANT TO WIN !!!!!

Grab the book if you decide to start, it is so helpful.
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Is the south beach diet hard? What exactly does it entail?

when you finish do you end up gaining all the weight back?
Back to top Go down
pinkfrog

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:16 pm

debbob wrote:
Okay so I started again and I have lost 9.5 pounds cheers

How is everyone else doing??

WOW that is awesome I wish I could lost even that...ugh I really need to get my butt in gear lol
Back to top Go down
debbob

debbob

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:26 pm

pinkfrog wrote:
Is the south beach diet hard? What exactly does it entail?

when you finish do you end up gaining all the weight back?

It is not that hard, you just cut out the bad carbs at first ( rice, pasta, bread, sugars etc..)

then you slowly introduce them back into your diet.

If I stay on phase 3 long term I keep it off. If I go back to totally cheating ( lots of bread, pasta etc...) you will gain it back.

The first time I did it I lost aroudn 20 pounds and kept it off till I got preggers , then I had to have carbs to feel good during the pregnancy.

I still have about 7 lbs hanging on from the last baby that I can't seem to shake, but it WILL come off. just takes more time.

Remember I am getting old ( almost 40) and they say once you hit that age, weight loss gets even harder affraid
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:35 pm

I HAVE to have my carbs.
That's what I love about WW.
The loss is slow..... sometimes it's a drag but the results are undeniable.
AND I can eat anything I want.

Has anyone ever heard of the Sadkin (don't think I spelled that right) diet?
Now THAT is one of the unhealthiest diets I've been on.
I gained the weight back so quickly it frightened me.
On WW it took me over a year to gain it all back.
It was a slow gain just like the loss so if I wasn't lazy to catch it in time I wouldn't be starting from scratch.
Better now than never though.

Deb, you go girl!
Back to top Go down
debbob

debbob

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:37 am

I think you are refering to ATKINS, yes low almost no carbs and LOTS OF FAT Mad

Yes that is a very very bad diet.

SB is like it but uses lowfat dairy, whole wheat pasta's, bread etc..

Once I get going on it I find it very easy to follow and keep up

WW is one I did several years ago after baby #3 and it worked very well too.

I find with SB I don't crave the sweets, chocolates etc... once I am past week 2 or 3
Back to top Go down
hildie

hildie

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Hey Debbie- I am here! I love SB. I did WW and then calorie counted, but this is the easiest diet I have ever done! I lost the 11 I needed to and keep it off by just keeping in check. My Dad lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks and my mom lost 10 in two weeks. Love it! And wow has it changed my eating. I love salads and tuna/cx salad on celery - something I had never eaten before this. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.parentteachercoach.com/   http://mommy-mentor.blogspo
debbob

debbob

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Hey Amy

I have lost 9.5 so far and have another 5-7 I would still like to loose. I did cheat this past weekend and have dessert while on vacation. It was soooooooo yummy.

I have two more weeks till my big weigh in at church with a bunch of friends, if I win I get $250 cheers

Great job for you and your family
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

Is it a good long term diet?
Cause the WW seems great for me because I have a LOT to lose
Back to top Go down
debbob

debbob

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:43 am

Yes I think it is, if you start to gain from eating too many carbs I usually just start phase 1 again for a week or so and then I am fine.

I am now down 10.5 pounds WOOHOO

Once you are on phase 3, I feel like I am eating reg. again, just not pigging out on sweets, breads etc... they are my downfall and to really keep the weight off I need moderation for sure
Back to top Go down
wife&mommy

wife&mommy

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:22 am

sounds like i need south beach. i bought the book before i got pregnant and then got pregnant and i think i sold it when i went through my "get rid of everything in the house i'm not using right this second" phase so i never really tried it. guess i should!
Back to top Go down
wife&mommy

wife&mommy

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:30 am

oh do you have any examples of what you eat for meals in a day?
Back to top Go down
debbob

debbob

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Okay keep in mind I don't like to eat eggs that much except for egg salad.

Breakfast
Protein shake or protein bar and 1 cup of fat free milk
( I am just not a big breakfast eater and never have been)

Snack
celery with peanut butter ( natural)

Lunch
chicken salad
or
turkey and cheese roll ups
or
egg salad
or
green salad with a meat on top

snack
almonds ( 15)

Dinner
lots of stuff but here are a few

Turkey burger
Broc with lowfat cheese
salad
or
chicken breast
salad
or
squash
zuchini
those are grilled
some type of meat ( chicken, lean piece of beef etc..)

Desserts I usually do
sugar free jello with whip cream
no sugar added fudgsicles
or they have lots of dessert ideas in the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any south beachers over here yet ??   Any south beachers over here yet ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any south beachers over here yet ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Dudes and Divas :: LD&D Room - EVERYTHING ELSE! :: Anything and Everything!-
Jump to: