Little Dudes and Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come chat about Diaper Bags, Accessories and have the best fun making wonderful friends! And what's better? Win FREE stuff!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could design your own bag...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

If you could design your own bag... Empty
PostSubject: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:35 pm

What would it be? Tell me all about it!

What color?

What shape?

How many pockets?

What kind of pockets?

What style of bag?

Any special features? (No, it can't fold your laundry or do your dishes!)

I constantly going through bag after bag to find my ultimate bag.... what is yours?

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 am

Hmmmm this is going to be really hard you know Smile
Wanted to respond now but this is going to take some thought and shmoozing lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 am

For me I have so many different types of bags that I like and dislike it will be hard to break it down... who knows, maybe a designer will check out this thread and design the ultimate bag!!!
Back to top Go down
AScott83

AScott83

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:26 am

Yeah, I have several bags I like for different reasons. It's hard to think of one ultimate bag!
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:31 am

I think a beautiful color combo would be teal, brown and purple (maybe some off white in there too!).

I need bottle pockets, but I love that someone suggested inside bottle pockets. The bottle pockets on the outside are ultra acsessable, but they tend to stick out a bit. I don't mind unzipping the bag to get to the bottles! :-)

I really like the amount of space the packabe offers! I wish that there was a way to divide the packabe in half (like the beRighBack) so that it was easier to locate things that make their way to the bottom of the bag. I guess once you start adding dividers and pockets you lose space. It appears we can't have it all!

I will have to ponder more!
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 am

Also, I am not a backpack person. I have the packabe and LOVE the amount of space it offers, but I never carry it as a backpack, always as a messenger. It would be nice to have this much room in something that does not have backpack straps!
Back to top Go down
Maya
Admin
Maya

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Not a backpack person either. I like tote with an option to switch to messenger.
Gotta have some outside pockets. I use them more than I do the interior. Would love a front pocket and side pockets that are deep.

Would love some gold flecks on the print like the FV sprig - LOVED that print

Wider than deeper. I always dig in my bags so the side to side needs to be wide as oppose to the top to bottom

Bottom feet would be a plus. I would drag a bag on the floor if I could.
I should buy some 99 cent bags lol

Might like CLEAR interior pockets. I lose things in my pockets all the time.
Once I get to cleaning out my bag I find 15 chap sticks.

Ok... this is unhealthy for me.... next thing you know I'll be asking Steve to find me a manufacturer Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Maya wrote:
Not a backpack person either. I like tote with an option to switch to messenger.
Gotta have some outside pockets. I use them more than I do the interior. Would love a front pocket and side pockets that are deep.

Would love some gold flecks on the print like the FV sprig - LOVED that print

Wider than deeper. I always dig in my bags so the side to side needs to be wide as oppose to the top to bottom

Bottom feet would be a plus. I would drag a bag on the floor if I could.
I should buy some 99 cent bags lol

Might like CLEAR interior pockets. I lose things in my pockets all the time.
Once I get to cleaning out my bag I find 15 chap sticks.

Ok... this is unhealthy for me.... next thing you know I'll be asking Steve to find me a manufacturer Smile

I agree, I like outside pockets, but only if they are flat pockets like on the outside of the JJB Spicy. Otherwise they tend to stick out too much and make the bag tip and look bulky!

I like the concept of clear pockets! I always forget what I put in them and have to search through each one to find what I am looking for!

I 100% agree with feet on every bag. I don't set my bag on the ground very much at all, but for those times I have to I need feet!!!
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 pm

I was at kohls not to long ago and saw a purse with a funky feature!

Near the top of the bag it had a light that shined down into the bag when you opened it. I thought this would be an awesome feature on bags that don't have light linings! We all know how hard it is to find things inside a bag with dark lining, or if you are somewhere and it is dark!! It was hidden, so it wasn't gaudy or anything....

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
mommyfassio

mommyfassio

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:38 pm

I want a bag that has pockets big enough to hold my cloth dipes. I either stretch the pockets out too much trying to stuff them in, or I can only get one in and the rest have to float free. I love having a backpack option, but also like when it can be a messenger. Perhaps one that is teardrop shaped so it is better on your back? I've also seen some that have a baby carrier built in - baby kind of sits on top, on your hip. I like bright prints - they make me happy! And how about an MP3 player pocket?
Back to top Go down
butterflyjuju

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:29 pm

I wasn't a backpack person until I had kids. I have to be hands free at times with them. I have a BRB and have a MiniBe on the way. Plus I have two in diapers at the moment so I need a big bag.
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 am

butterflyjuju wrote:
I wasn't a backpack person until I had kids. I have to be hands free at times with them. I have a BRB and have a MiniBe on the way. Plus I have two in diapers at the moment so I need a big bag.

I tried both the BRB and the minibe! Very cute bags. As far as backpacks go though, I love the packabe for the shear amount of room in it! I found the BRB to be a little overly compartmentalized. Make sense? Have you ever tried the packabe?
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 am

mommyfassio wrote:
I want a bag that has pockets big enough to hold my cloth dipes. I either stretch the pockets out too much trying to stuff them in, or I can only get one in and the rest have to float free. I love having a backpack option, but also like when it can be a messenger. Perhaps one that is teardrop shaped so it is better on your back? I've also seen some that have a baby carrier built in - baby kind of sits on top, on your hip. I like bright prints - they make me happy! And how about an MP3 player pocket?

I love the idea of an MP3 player pocket! Doesn't the wannabe have that??? I think it would be great for those times in the car when the kids are watching their movie and I don't want to hear barney, disney or signing time!!
Back to top Go down
mommyfassio

mommyfassio

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:35 am

Haven't looked at the wannabe! May need to go over and take a look . . .

I was in a store that carried JJB today, totally schooling the ladies working there about the new JJB fall preview! I got the into the Pink Room on their work computers so we could all drool over the new offerings - and to check out today's preview! It was fun!
Back to top Go down
mommyfassio

mommyfassio

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 am

Figures. Now I'm totally in love with the Wannabe, although I'm not sure I love the prints. All I'm thinking is, "We're going camping this weekend. If I order it RIGHT NOW, will it be here before Friday?" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mommyfassio

mommyfassio

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:10 am

Ok, just ordered it. Maya is SO fast at shipping that I hope it gets here by Friday so I can take it to the beach with us!
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:47 pm

mommyfassio wrote:
Haven't looked at the wannabe! May need to go over and take a look . . .

I was in a store that carried JJB today, totally schooling the ladies working there about the new JJB fall preview! I got the into the Pink Room on their work computers so we could all drool over the new offerings - and to check out today's preview! It was fun!

Too funny! I am always afraid to approach people about JJB because I am afraid they will think I am the crazy bag lady! I try to remember that not everyone is obsessed with bags as much as I am!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Hodgkiss1122

Hodgkiss1122

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 pm

mommyfassio wrote:
Figures. Now I'm totally in love with the Wannabe, although I'm not sure I love the prints. All I'm thinking is, "We're going camping this weekend. If I order it RIGHT NOW, will it be here before Friday?" Very Happy

Holy mackeral! You ordered one??? I hope you know Bella and Charlotte can fit inside that bag!! It is HUGE!! I wanted one so bad, but I was afraid that I would be too scared to use it since our trips tend to be messy!!! What color did you get??

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
mommyfassio

mommyfassio

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 am

I got the Tiki Toffee. My Be Right Back is GG, so I got something different. Although I was tempted to get teh GG so that MAYBE DH wouldn't think I got another new bag! I really need to stop buying these! I LOVE huge bags! I used the Be Prepared for a long time, and filled it to the brim. I take lots of stuff on trips, and I love all the features of this one! And Bella is becoming a little fish, so I'm hoping to just keep it stocked with her beach stuff and DH can just grab it when he leaves to take her to the lake. And hey, if I can't find my baby carrier, I can just throw Charlotte in it! Very Happy

I don't think I've ever seen someone out and about with a JJB. I did see someone with part of a Be Set the other day, but that's the most I've seen! You'd think in a big city like Seattle I'd see more, but they aren't really sold around here. A friend of mine and I are really thinking of opening a baby boutique, and you can but JJB's will be on the shelves!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own bag...   If you could design your own bag... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could design your own bag...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Dudes and Divas :: Diaper Bag Addicts! :: Diaper Bag Chat!-
Jump to: